A long due release, Tagaini Jisho 0.2.5 is finally available for Linux, Windows and MacOS.
An important milestone, this release switches to CMake for easier building and many of the internals have been rewritten and made more robust.
Feature-wise, a radical and components based kanji search and input panel makes it easier than never to find and input mysterious kanji. If you can only recognize or input one of the components of an unknown kanji, then you found the beginning of the thread and just need to follow it up to the kanji you are looking for.
Hierarchical and ordered lists also make their entrance, providing an additional way to organize and study entries. Book readers who want to organize new vocabulary and kanji by chapter and need to print booklets featuring them by order of appearance, rejoice!
A clipboard-search feature has also appeared, which automatically looks up the clipboard contents as it changes.
Due to the introduction of lists, the user interface has also been somehow redesigned, and now features hideable and movable parts to let you organize the layout according to your study. Some improvements are particularly notable on Windows, where the popup windows finally behave as they should and close when the clicks outside them.
- Updated to SQLite 3.6.23
- Added option to choose GUI language
- Now uses CMake as build system
- Database building Python scripts replaced with more portable C++ programs
- Strokes belonging to several components now correctly handled
- Added four corner kanji search method
- Optimized kanjis database - from 24 Mbytes to 11 Mbytes
- Entries can now be organized into hierarchical, ordered lists
- Refactored user interface
- Added option to automatically search clipboard content as it changes
- Updates of JMdict database takes moved and deleted entries into account and updates user data accordingly
- Can now specify stroke count ranges for kanji search
- Component and radical search based kanji input methods
- Display of radical information
- Can start on a temporary database in case the user database fails for some reason
- Option to reset the user database in the preferences
- Popup window behavior fixed on Windows - will now close when clicked outside
- Kanji popup window can now be moved by click and drag
- Added option to show grid during kanji stroke animations
- Ctrl+s when a kanji entry is displayed automatically displays its popup window