Tagaini Jisho 0.2.6rc1 released
The first release candidate for the upcoming 0.2.6 version is available. Since no deep changes have been introduced, it is probably safe for all users to try it. Some rough edges are still present, but they only concern new features.
The biggest change of this release is the introduction of HTML/CSS templates for the detailed view, which will on the long term allow to customize how information is displayed. Changing them is not easy for the end user yet, but it is the first step in this direction. Also, if you think you can improve the layout of the current templates, please don't hesitate to discuss it on the mailing list or forum!
Some improvements have also been brought to the lists feature introduced in 0.2.5. Kanji stroke orders (both animations and printed output) have also been augmented with the ability to display the stroke numbers.
People who want to contribute translations can now try them by putting them into the i18n subdirectory of the directory where Tagaini has been installed. Please note that if you want to update the translation file of your preferred language for 0.2.6, this is the moment to do it! Updated translation templates to complete with Qt Linguist or any compatible translation software are available here:
- Added German translation (thanks Philipp Meyer!)
- Kanji tooltip now disappear correctly when the pointed kanji loses focus
- "Mark as known" action from the list context menu fixed
- Added keyboard shortcuts (Space, R, Left, Right) to kanji popup window
- Ctrl+s kanji shortcut also works in kanji flashcards
- Fixed click behavior of entries lists (thanks Tracy Poff!)
- Duplicate kanji components no longer displayed in detailed view
- Detailed view font parameter bug fixed (thanks Tracy Poff!)
- Components variations information now correctly displayed
- Added HTML/JS export that allows browsing and flashcards, suitable for mobile phones
- Translation files now available as external files to ease testing and replacement of translations
- Lists now navigable, and lists an entry belongs to are displayed in the detailed view
- Option to display stroke order numbers in kanji popup and printed material
- Added option to print grid with kanji entries
- Homographs of dictionary entries now displayed in the detailed view
- Detailed view now built upon a HTML/CSS template
- Fixed rendering bug that affected some kanji paths
- Fixed ordering bug in kanji popup selector
- Main writing changed to kana reading for dictionary entries which are usually written in kana.